Type 2 diabetes is a chronic condition that prevents insulin from being used by the body in the way it typically should. It is a very common form of diabetes that affects people who are mainly middle-aged and older. But people who are extremely obese may also be affected and their body mass index (BMI) is between 28 and 40. Obese people, particularly if they bear those extra pounds around their waist, are more likely to suffer from type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type-2 diabetes
The symptoms of type 2 diabetes are usually mild that a person with it will not consider it for long. Symptoms include;
- Peeing a lot
- Blurry vision
- Being cranky
- Numbness in hands and feet
- Frequent Yeast infections
- Wounds that don’t heal
- Dry mouth
Treatment of type-2 diabetes
Weight loss: As mentioned above, obesity may be one of the causes of type 2 diabetes, so weight loss is one of the diabetes treatment solutions. You can lose weight by following daily exercise and taking a healthy balanced diet and losing those extra pounds can aid you in treating diabetes. Bariatric surgery, which is a form of weight loss surgery to treat obesity in a quicker and more effective manner, is one of the most effective methods of losing weight.
- Watch your blood sugar levels: Keeping an eye on your blood sugar levels can help with the treatment of type 2 diabetes, especially if you have insulin.
- Exercise: To maintain a healthy weight and a healthy body, any form of physical activity is necessary. This can include swimming, biking, training in weight, cycling and something that for 40-60 minutes gets the heart pumping. Yoga is also a very good choice that provides long-lasting benefits and is also good for peace of mind.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle: The risk of developing fat around your waistline, which is essentially a cause of type 2 diabetes, is increased by sitting in one position for a long time. Try to get up every 30 minutes and move your body, stretch yourself, and walk a bit. Stop sitting still for long periods.
- Metabolic surgery: Before any weight loss has actually happened, the majority of people who go through metabolic surgery recover just a few days after getting the operation. It is intended to address patients with type 2 diabetes, who struggle to cure this by following proper improvements in exercise and diet.
If you are considering any Obesity Treatment in Turkey to solve your diabetes problem, consult the right surgeon with the appropriate expertise in the operation. To get more information please contact us and let’s decide what is best for you. MAYCLINIK family always here to help.