PLASTIC SURGERY IN WINTER
It’s chilly outside, your summer clothes are on hiatus, and you’ve just stuffed the Christmas boxes. Winter isn’t exactly the time you’re going to have treatments like breast enlargement, liposuction, or a tummy tuck on your mind. But as it turns out, there are a lot of reasons why this time of year is probably the perfect time for plastic surgery.
- Flexible vacation time: Since most people are planning holidays, vacations, and day trips during the sunny summer months, it can be difficult, if not impossible, to ask for time off during the peak season. So why don’t you take advantage of the quieter winter season and treat yourself to the body contouring treatment you’ve had on your wish list? The amount of time you need to take away from work and other everyday activities will depend on the technique you select. For example, when you have a tummy tuck, most people plan to take about two weeks off work, while you may be able to get back to your desk a little earlier after breast enhancement or liposuction.
- Comfortable recovery: You will most likely be advised to wear a special compression garment after your plastic surgery to help minimize swelling as you are recovering. But if your treatment is in the dog days of the summer, you could be stuck cranking an AC or dripping a fan. In winter, on the other hand, recovery can be cooler and comfier all around. As a bonus, if you have children, they’re going to be back in school this time of year, allowing you to get some peace around the house while you’re relaxing.
- Winter wardrobes are a perfect camouflage: Another advantage of winter plastic surgery is that the wardrobe is typically even more conducive to warmth and concealment. Baggy sweats, zip-up hoodies, and lots and lots of blankets are just what you need not only to feel relaxed and warm when you’re healing but also to conceal any swelling or bruising you may encounter after your operation.
- You’ll see results in time for the summer: Think about it if you intend to increase your breast in June, you’ll be trapped indoors to heal for the best part of the summer. But if you schedule your treatment for the winter months, you’re going to have plenty of time to get back on your feet, recover and show off your beautiful results in time for lazy days at the pool and fun beach vacations. Bear in mind that it may take 6 months or more to see the final results after most plastic surgery, including breast enlargement and abdominoplasty. And for the first few weeks of recovery, you’re going to have to stay out of the sun and avoid swimming and hot tubs, so prepare enough wiggle room for your plastic surgery timetable.
- Get motivated to stick to healthy habits all year long: Coming out of New Year’s Eve, your determination to live a healthy lifestyle is fresh on your brain. What better way to remain inspired to eat safe and exercise all year than to treat yourself to a beauty procedure that you’ve been searching for some time now? Many people claim that their plastic surgery has acted as an outstanding incentive to remain fit and safe even years after their surgery.